Character Models

Here's where you can ask the developers any question that strikes your fancy! Be sure to keep things civil.
Blood Raven

Character Models

Post by Blood Raven »

I am a bit curious, how are you going to do the character models throughout the game (Catherine, Atrus, Villagers, Gehn etc), since, being a modeler myself, I know that kind of thing is extremely hard to recreate and match (I am quite horrible at character models), and even if you do manage to recreate them, there is facial expressions and lip sync to do. On the other hand, 2D ripped ones would look too blurry and bad. So what are your plans?
tim
Starry Expanse Developer

Re: Character Models

Post by tim »

Some of it is covered in another thread someone started in the general discussion forum:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39

In short, the plan is to do full 3D characters in the game. We have two people on the team with character modeling experience who are working on this aspect of the game. We feel that this is really the only option for us if we are to recreate this game in full 3D. Using elements from the original just wouldn't work for a number of reasons.

We are still relatively early into this specific effort, so we haven't covered it yet in any blogposts. I believe I link to it in the other thread, but you can see a small preview in our post mysterium, jungle basin video.