the 1997 Riven Journals

Here's where you can ask the developers any question that strikes your fancy! Be sure to keep things civil.
MisterP

the 1997 Riven Journals

Post by MisterP »

I was wondering whether there'd be room in RealRiven for the famous "Riven Journals" that were put online just before Riven was released.

Superfan RiumPlus sifted through what appears to be the entire late 90s internet in order to reconstruct the whole shebang, and then got the code and carefully edited it all for compatibility.
http://journals.riumplus.com/

The setting appears to be K'veer--appropriate since Brøderbund put them out before anyone could see the Fifth Age. They fit so well with the fact that you have to get adjusted to new realms of physics and biology and then use them to your advantage. So it's like the Stranger's reading them and then Atrus calls 'im over/links in.

They're apparently not RAWA-canon (hey, what is?) but, on further thought, if they're Gehn or Atrus's notebooks there's gonna be a lot of uncertain myths like Klvino's hyperspace ship anyway.
Dario

Re: the 1997 Riven Journals

Post by Dario »

I cant get access to the journals, i get an server error when i click on 'proceed to journals'.
MisterP

Re: the 1997 Riven Journals

Post by MisterP »

click on "This link" in the second paragraph rather than "start straight away" in the first; the cookies are being stupid ...