Prison Island demo indicative of final quality?

Here's where you can ask the developers any question that strikes your fancy! Be sure to keep things civil.
udqbpn

Prison Island demo indicative of final quality?

Post by udqbpn »

Hello. I was playing around with the Prison Island demo again recently, at the highest available graphics settings. Anyway, I am curious how indicative that demo is of the final quality you are looking for. In my humble opinion, besides things like, of course, actual image resolution, the demo was quite far from the graphic quality I see in the original game.

As I mentioned in the school house video, to me, it just did not look at all as real, for lighting or texture or whatever reasons.
nick
Starry Expanse Developer

Re: Prison Island demo indicative of final quality?

Post by nick »

Hi udqbpn!

Thanks for the critique, and thanks for playing our demo. I'll just say right up front that the Prison Island demo is not in any way an indication of final quality of RealRiven. Not only was it made many years ago, but it's in an entirely different engine!

I had a quick look for your comments regarding the schoolhouse, but couldn't find them. I'm happy to chat about quality and realism in this thread though, it'll be easier for the team to share their views. That goes for anyone else who's reading too.

We are currently deep in our preparations for Mysterium 2015, and as usual we'll have a short demonstration to show to our fans. This will give you the best indication of the final quality of the game, and in my opinion it's the best looking area we've created so far. That said, we're still a long way off from calling anything 'finished' and you should still consider Starry Expanse as a project in alpha.

Cheers.