What Lore based Easter Eggs would you like to see?

Talk about The Starry Expanse Project (aka realRIVEN), Myst, Riven, or anything related.
VahnCruz

What Lore based Easter Eggs would you like to see?

Post by VahnCruz »

I would like to see remnants of the East Path, or an old mine that Gehn had the locals work in. A little more in the way of explaining the infrastructure of the game, as many of the buildings were built after Gehn appeared in Riven, would be nice.
Yali

Re: What Lore based Easter Eggs would you like to see?

Post by Yali »

Definitely the East Path. I'm still want to see the rest of Tay. I remember being so frustrated that we couldn't exit the cell and explore that beautiful hive that I drew screenshots of the hive from the player's perspective as If I was clicking on new slides as a 9 year old because I craved it so bad after the box cover duped me.

Please oh god please, I've waited 16 years to see the rest of that age.
Daikun

Post by Daikun »

I wholly agree with Yali. It would've been great to see more of Tay.
BenMech

Post by BenMech »

I've always wanted to be able to see Prison Island from Temple Island, it's closest neighbor.
philip
Starry Expanse Developer

Post by philip »

BenMech wrote:I've always wanted to be able to see Prison Island from Temple Island, it's closest neighbor.
Huh, is there some kind of lore that tells where Prison Island is located in relation to the other islands? (Getting off on a tangent here, but) I'm very interested, 'cause I was under the impression PRISL was basically in an unknown location, just super far away from the other islands. That's just from inference though.
dgelessus

Post by dgelessus »

philip wrote:Huh, is there some kind of lore that tells where Prison Island is located in relation to the other islands? (Getting off on a tangent here, but) I'm very interested, 'cause I was under the impression PRISL was basically in an unknown location, just super far away from the other islands. That's just from inference though.
Prison Island used to be closer to the other islands, but due to the age's instability the islands drifted apart, and Prison Island drifted so far away that it can no longer be seen from any of the other islands. If you check the map on Survey Island you can see Prison Island's former location - it's the one-square island in the north-east. Since all the other islands seem to have drifted apart from each other, I'd say it's safe to assume that Prison Island just drifted very far to the north-east.
Nilok

Post by Nilok »

I would love to see the team try and make some of Gehn's test ages.

When Riven was in development, Cyan planned to have several ages for the player to explore that Gehn was testing. However, due to time constraints, they had to drop development of them.

If the Starry Expanse team can maybe get some of those design ideas, or even creating their own ages for you to explore before you crack the Star Fissure, it would be awesome.
Yali

Post by Yali »

I heard there was supposed to be five ages. Riven, Tay, 233, 234, and a test age.
Andross

Post by Andross »

God, how big a game would have Riven been if it had had those extra ages! It already went onto 5 CDs!

KellyCosten said in response to my post on the subject of the East Path on the dev form that they quote "want to include other areas" but are focusing on finished the main game first. So it may get included. On the subject of more Easter Eggs, I'd like to see the Paper Press make an appearance in it's proper place!
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!
Yali

Post by Yali »

Two words: Gehn's Chair.

*drool*