What Lore based Easter Eggs would you like to see?

Talk about The Starry Expanse Project (aka realRIVEN), Myst, Riven, or anything related.
Andross

Re: What Lore based Easter Eggs would you like to see?

Post by Andross »

If you included Gehn's chair, you would have to work out where to put the rest of that office as well, otherwise it would look out of place in his lab on Crater island.
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!
Yali

Post by Yali »

Yes you're right. Ideally I've always wanted Gehn's chair to be in K'veer in his former office. Someone's gotta make K'veer in UE4. After reading about that island in all the books, its a shame we only saw three and a half rooms of it.
nick
Starry Expanse Developer

Post by nick »

Andross wrote:On the subject of more Easter Eggs, I'd like to see the Paper Press make an appearance in it's proper place!
This is a tricky one. After all, it was left out of the original because playtesters thought it was part of a puzzle and wasted a lot of time trying to 'solve' it. It's a very cool asset, and from a lore point of view it makes perfect sense, but how do we implement it so it doesn't confuse new players?
Andross

Post by Andross »

I don't know... maybe if there was wood pulp messed about it or something so that it's obvious what it was?

On the other hand, I always thought that the fact that you could fire up the woodchipper meant that it must be used for something too, but of course it's not used either. I think ultimately, people will get past it, particularly if it was raised slightly, so you could see that it doesn't connect to some other device or something.
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!