Anyone Read The Myst Novels?

Talk about The Starry Expanse Project (aka realRIVEN), Myst, Riven, or anything related.
Yali

Anyone Read The Myst Novels?

Post by Yali »

Just looking through my Book of Ti'Ana hardcover. Who here has read the Myst novels? I have BoA paperpack, BoT hardcover and the Myst Reader with all three.
Hekerui

Re: Anyone Read The Myst Novels?

Post by Hekerui »

I loved those books, read them in school together with a few other pupils. Because I'm such a fan of them I recently got the first omnibus of the re-release of the Chung Kuo series by David Wingrove, who was a co-author on the Myst novels. I haven't started the books yet, but I hope that I will find my explorations satisfying ;)
SqueeMaster

Post by SqueeMaster »

I read those books over the summer this past year, and I think that they are amazing.
My favorite is BoA because it gives the backstory of all the major characters (Minus the brothers)
Perhaps the ending has not yet been written...
...prepare for Descent
SqueeMaster

Post by SqueeMaster »

Why does BoT have the number 17, and BoD have the number 25?
Perhaps the ending has not yet been written...
...prepare for Descent
Dario

Post by Dario »

I have read the book of atrus a few years ago, but ididnt finished it ;)

These books are intreesting if you liked the games
KellyCoston
Starry Expanse Developer

Post by KellyCoston »

I read the Book of Atrus years ago, but it was lost when I moved for college. I loved it, it's great for understanding the story behind Myst, Riven, and Uru.
- Rayne
Yali

Post by Yali »

I found BoA in my school library in the seventh grade. It was in French since I was in French school at the time (Canadian here). Didn't understand anything really. The only thing I remember was the story of the lizard boat Kerath sailed under the Great Arch.

Read BoT that winter (in english) and loved it! Later my mother visited Spokane on a family trip and got a tour of Cyan. They dumped a bunch of Myst goodies on her, including softcover BoA and hardcover BoT (along with three t-shirts, three posters, a copy of Manhole and the original Myst for mac.)
Last edited by Yali on 31 Jan 2015, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Gehn's Boot

Post by Gehn's Boot »

I've read them all. I got the hardcovers a few years ago and really enjoyed reading them. I think Book of Atrus is the best written of the three, but Book of Ti'ana has the greatest story. I really should read them again.
BenMech

Post by BenMech »

Owned all three when each came out in the 90s post-Riven.

Still "waiting" for Book of Marrim.
Vincent-

Post by Vincent- »

I read them 15 years ago. My favourite was the Book of Ti'ana, it's amazing. Loved Book of Atrus too.