hahaha wow

Talk about The Starry Expanse Project (aka realRIVEN), Myst, Riven, or anything related.
jameverywhere

hahaha wow

Post by jameverywhere »

Last night I literally woke up with this epiphany: the mining cart that goes from jungle island to the workshop island is not actually meant to be a human transport, but rather an automated mechanism for throwing wood into the wood chipper.

Haha I feel like such an idiot for not realizing that before!! This game is so intricate, everything has a purpose... it is always surprising me.

that is all, just wanted to share ^^;;
SqueeMaster

Re: hahaha wow

Post by SqueeMaster »

That is one of those things you either you realize right when you travel in it for the first time, or you realize it years after beating the game
Perhaps the ending has not yet been written...
...prepare for Descent
KellyCoston
Starry Expanse Developer

Post by KellyCoston »

The irony (is that the correct word) is that Riven wasn't originally separate islands. They drifted apart over time. So how was a mining cart built with a tunnel in the water... When I think about it, I think about the chicken/egg scenario.
- Rayne
nick
Starry Expanse Developer

Post by nick »

Not only that, but they are still drifting apart. The Mag-Lev tracks are designed to extend and flex with the drift, but what about the mine cart track?
Andross

Post by Andross »

Well you can tell that the track has recently been extended, because there is that long straight section at the end between the tower and the cliff face, which wouldn't make much sense if you were still designing the track from scratch. You'd just have a more shallow grade up to the cave.
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!
ArtBear

Post by ArtBear »

I did not think about that either until recently.
I really recommend you to watch the Lets plays of Dilandau3000 on Youtube. I learned a lot of interesting stuff by watching his videos. He know all the details.
Riven:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF2E1040A0551DE99
Myst:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7C418C087D8998A9