music?

Here's where you can ask the developers any question that strikes your fancy! Be sure to keep things civil.
rgerber

music?

Post by rgerber »

Hello

I'm buddha from the frontpag.

In the game, you will surely not be allowed to use original assets?
Do you have anyone creating music?
philip
Starry Expanse Developer

Re: music?

Post by philip »

We can't discuss exact details of the music arrangement, but we hope to use the original score if possible.
Dario

Post by Dario »

If youre not allowed to use the original files because of licensing

Id suggest to include an option to just import the original soundtrack from cd or itunes into the game
philip
Starry Expanse Developer

Post by philip »

Agreed, that would be a nice compromise if we can manage it. In the end it all comes down to what kind of monetization (if any) we're talking about with the game, and how the agreements between the various rightsholders (and us) plays out. Importing from CD/original game isn't outside of the realm of (technical, anyways) possibility!
Andross

Post by Andross »

I take it from that then, that Cyan do not (wholly) own the rights to the music? Surely if they did they would have no problems giving them to you since they have given you Base models etc for reference.
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!
philip
Starry Expanse Developer

Post by philip »

Unfortunately we aren't allowed to discuss any details about interactions between us and Cyan, including whether they've given us base models, textures, music, or anything like that.