Let's everybody collect their suggestions of things they like to see in the game.
Please don't suggest things that alter gameplay or the core-elements. Rather technical touches and mechanical elements.
Please add them as a nicely highlighted list.
Here I go with some extra details.
- Weather variations.
Yes this is purely additional, but I just always love as much details as possible to immerse you in those places, making them become real. The more variation the better. Those are things like:
- Slight alteration in atmospheric composition; starting from simple overcast to hazy weather. Effecting sky-color and environment lighting.
- Slight rain, rarely even strong, with/without lightnings, variable frequencies.
- Wind gusting, variable strength
- Leaves that fall off trees, or simply fly trough the air (Regions with trees)
- Dust-clouds (Sandy environment)
- Butterflies, insects buzzing around
- Small bugs creeping around
- Birds, Seagulls near water (remember Myst)
- Lot's and lots of enivomental stress elements/sounds. I.e. hearing some pebbles rolling down a rock. Creaking of wood
- Fish or various forms of life in water, seaweed, variable frequeny.
Another nice suggestion i read on a Starry Expanse Youtube video:
- Earthquake type shaking of screen, rumbling which happens at various frequencies.
This same thing happens in the beginning of Myst V (D'ni). It's a very simple technique which adds a lot of life. This is due the state of which Riven is in = unstable