Playable 233?

Here's where you can ask the developers any question that strikes your fancy! Be sure to keep things civil.
Yali

Playable 233?

Post by Yali »

So I realize that there are no more Myst games when being a rabid fan is slightly problematic. Craving Myst right now and I was thinking after having seen those GORGEOUS SCREENSHOTS that maybe you could release the 233 demo on the site like you did with Prison Island? It would satiate my hunger for spanking new Myst content that seems to have run more dry in recent years.

Anyone else really really really want to play this demo? Like I'm begging you guys... :D
Dario

Re: Playable 233?

Post by Dario »

Sure i would like to play it too! That would be great! Its always more impressive when you can try it yourself, instead just seeing it on the presentation.

Maybe you could release a demo packsge, which includes both, Prison island, and age 233.
philip
Starry Expanse Developer

Post by philip »

Every so often we consider releasing another demo, but the problem is, if we keep releasing demos, there will be nothing left for everyone to play when the game comes out! If you can, your best chance of getting to play a sneak peek is probably to come to one of the Mysteriums (though, we can't guarantee it so don't only come for that, :D).

[ FYI, the next one (2016) is on the west coast (it alternates east/west every year), and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say where it's going to be but it's probably not gonna be in Spokane. ]

There will still be a beta... someday... (in our lifetimes, though? who knows?) :D
Yali

Post by Yali »

I have an idea, how about those who've played Riven to death request it by PM so its not readily available to anyone, only the die-hards on these boards. This way you could limit the demo being seen to the general public.

Edit: Or alternately, you could puzzle lock it with an answer only those who've explored 233 would know. (i.e. what's in Gehn's bedside table drawer?)
Smegmatr0n

Post by Smegmatr0n »

Perhaps once you get prison island kosher in unreal 4, you could release the update to your unity demo so people can see firsthand how its progressing and what to expect from the final product....and if their system can handle it.
Dario

Post by Dario »

Smegmatr0n wrote:Perhaps once you get prison island kosher in unreal 4, you could release the update to your unity demo so people can see firsthand how its progressing and what to expect from the final product....and if their system can handle it.
I dont think the unity demo will be updated furthermore, since unreal is better and free (for non commercial use) and unity needs a pro license

The system requirements of the current demo might differ for the final product.

For obduction it says "keep a good balance between amazing looking graphics and keeping the system requirements low enough to include as much hardware as possible"
That should also be the guideline for starry expanse.

Unreal engine runs fine even on iphone 6 and ipad :)
Try the Zen Garden or Epic Citadel demos, it looks so smooth.

Thats why i would like to see Starry expanse on iOS, but unfortunately there is only support for mac, windows and linux at the moment.