Final game title?

Here's where you can ask the developers any question that strikes your fancy! Be sure to keep things civil.

Which title would you like to see on the box?

RealRiven
17%
Starry Expanse
26%
Starry Expanse: Riven Remastered
26%
Riven: The Sequel to Myst - Unreal Edition
17%
Riven: The Sequel to Myst - New Millenium Edition
No votes
Riven: The Sequel to Myst - Reborn
No votes
Riven: The Sequel to Myst Remastered
No votes
Other (please comment)
13%

Total votes: 23

tomysshadow

Re: Final game title?

Post by tomysshadow »

Hey, since it's Unreal Engine why don't we call it unrealRiven? :P

I'm not sure "Masterpiece Edition" is enough. Myst: Masterpiece Edition is not realtime. That's realMyst's job. I'd prefer it be call realRiven if it didn't, as a previous poster mentioned, make the title look a bit odd. It should have Riven in the title, it wouldn't be giving the original game enough credit to call it otherwise.

I think it should also have something about being 3D in the title though, be it "Unreal Edition" or "Riven 3D" or just some kind of reference to the fact it is Riven, and that it is a realtime game. Because that's what it is: Riven, but with a realtime component.

-Starry Expanse isn't a good name for the final product because it neither clarifies that it is Riven, nor does it make clear it's a 3D remake of Riven.
-Riven: Masterpiece Edition is better because it makes clear it's Riven, but it doesn't specifically clarify that it's a 3D remake.
Korovev

Post by Korovev »

realRiven, or the Starry Expanse

realRiven: the Starry Expanse
.kenet cavan t’marntav
lyubomirv

Post by lyubomirv »

My suggestion:

La stela fendego

This is The Star Fissure in Esperanto and in my opinion could be a nice outstanding name for the game.
Floydman

Post by Floydman »

I am a fan of calling it Starry Expanse or The Starry Expanse. This worked really well for Black Mesa, the fan recreation of Half Life 1, and I think it helps affirm that this is a fan project, not a Cyan production.
Yali

Post by Yali »

I still think it has to have the title Riven in it because of brand recognition also this is Riven after all. The title is as much a part of the experience as anything else with its cool font and five letters along with the meaning of the word. Starry Expanse is good as a working title but it's not marketable like "Riven" would be. Remember realMyst, the emphasis is on Myst. It's not called something else.

How about...

Riven: Starry Expanse

Riven: Masterpiece Edition

Riven: Legendary Edition

Riven: Unreal Edition