The east path

Here's where you can ask the developers any question that strikes your fancy! Be sure to keep things civil.
ArtBear

The east path

Post by ArtBear »

Hello! I'm following your progress of the remake and it looks absolutely beautiful and stunning!

This might be a strange question;
Rawa writes about a picture that shows the remains of an old path from before the maglevs were installed, and the islands still was connected by bridges.
http://cho.cyan.com/rawa/eastpath/eastpath.html

So my question is will anything of this be rendered? Even though it cannot be easily seen or accessed during normal gameplay, it is still a significant part of the island.
Last edited by ArtBear on 19 Dec 2017, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
ZoneQuester

Re: The east path

Post by ZoneQuester »

Personally I'd really love to see this area included as a little "bonus", like the Rime Age was with RealMyst. You could even visually incorporate the narrative that Richard A. Watson came up with for the area - that it was part of the original system of wooden bridges that linked the islands before they began to drift apart.

Also, it would add a nice little garden area to the rather desolate Survey Island, akin to the oasis in the Selenetic Age :D . Based on that image, it appears it'd be accessible via the underground tunnels.
ArtBear

Post by ArtBear »

Yes, that would be a great idea to include that as a bonus, and it also would give more to the story.

I'm also glad someone brought up this question at this years Mysterium presentation.
nick
Starry Expanse Developer

Post by nick »

The East Path is really cool, and if we were to make new areas it would be the one of the easiest to implement. However we will not be addressing any new areas until the original full game is complete (and even then, we will not promise anything).

That said, you will see the East Path in game because it is visible from the Mag-Lev ride from Jungle Island to Survey Island - so that's good!
Versus

Post by Versus »

Hello! I'm also voting for East Path!